Spring is ultimately right here! What a brutal winter that was…for absolutely everyone across the nation! I can not recall the final time we had snow so often in Vancouver. Glad its more than! With the attractive climate we’ve been getting lately, I wanted to make some thing fresh and light, and tasty, of course. I created this in about 15 minutes, so its a excellent weeknight dinner. Who knew these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps would be such a hit with the complete family members.
My girls have a tendency to like something that somewhat resembles a taco, so telling them it was a taco with a diverse sauce was a superior promoting function! You can of course swap out with any veggies you favor. I just occurred to use what we like.
I decided to use shop-purchased hoisin sauce to make it fast and simple, but if you favor to make it with a homemade sauce you can do that also. I’d like to attempt an additional version with a homemade honey/peanut sauce.
As described in a fast note in the recipe, you can simply make this larger carb for the youngsters by adding some plain rice in the bottom of the lettuce cups. I had some pre-cooked white rice on hand, but would also be wonderful with brown rice or quinoa. You could usually choose up a single of these microwaveable rice packs of plain rice if you want a fast solution!
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Author: Kristine Fretwell
Recipe kind: Major
- 1 lb (454 grams) lean ground turkey
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- ½ cup water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- chopped green onions
- chopped peanuts
- Prep the veggies. Chop red pepper, water chestnuts and carrot.
- Heat a big skillet more than medium higher heat.
- Lightly spray with oil, and brown raw turkey, garlic and ginger in the pan.
- After the turkey begins to brown, add in the carrot. Stir for a couple minutes, then add in the red pepper and water chestnuts.
- Cook down till the veggies start to soften.
- Add in the hoisin sauce and stir till combined, cooking a couple additional minutes.
- Meanwhile, reduce the iceberg lettuce in half by way of the center of the core. Take away the core and take away lettuce cups.
- Location a bit of turkey mixture in a lettuce cup and prime with optional garnish (green onion and peanuts).
*For a larger carb solution, cook some white or brown rice and place some rice on the bottom of the lettuce and prime with the filling.
Serving size: ⅙ of recipe Calories: 163 Fat: four.six g Saturated fat: .eight g Carbs: 15.7 g Sugar: 9.six g Sodium: 431 mg Fiber: 1.six g Protein: 17.two g Cholesterol: 50 mg
I am Kristine Fretwell, busy mom of two small girls, author, blogger, and former pro fitness competitor. I really like nearly any type of cookie, something coconut or pumpkin flavored, and Thai meals. A excellent day for me is enjoying my family members, finding to the health club, and whipping up a new wholesome recipe. I’ve got a collection of more than 300 wholesome recipes, and other tidbits like fitness and overall health strategies. My recipes have been featured on web sites such as Huffington Post, Savvy Mom, Shape and Skinny Scoop.