Kid friendly and enjoyable to consume, the complete household will adore this side dish that is easy to make and simple to love. Thinly sliced slivers of delicata squash deliver a special and wholesome side dish. With a taste comparable to a sweet potato, delicata squash is wealthy in fiber and immune boosting vitamin C. Unsweetened coconut flakes coat these squash slices with a scrumptious flavor that coordinates properly with the organic nutty sweetness of this fall vegetable.
With its special cream and green striped skin, the delicata squash also has a time saving characteristic. As soon as delicata squash is cooked, its skin becomes quite soft and is edible so there is no will need to peel it just before preparing or serving. I like to cook these in an air fryer which is quicker than oven roasting, even though you can do it that way, as well. Cooking them in an air fryer creates a good crisp exterior on the coating and tends to make them fantastic for dipping into a spicy mayo or a much more classic sweet chili sauce. This versatile dish is paleo friendly and appropriate for vegetarians as properly. Simply because it is acceptable for a multitude of consuming designs, these dippers also make an amazing appetizer for parties, game-day, or the holidays!
Coconut Delicata Squash Dippers
Calories 340, Protein 4g, Total Carbs 14g, Fat 31g
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 12 minutes in air fryer or 25 minutes in oven
- 1 delicata squash, halved, seeded and reduce into 1/four inch slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut flakes
- 1/eight teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
Spicy Mayo Dipping Sauce:
- 1/two cup all organic or homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce or sambal oelek
- Prepare squash by cutting of each ends, slice in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, and then reduce into 1/four inch slices. Leave the peel on.
- Location egg in a compact dish and beat it. Set aside.
- Combine coconut, cayenne pepper, and salt in a compact bowl.
- Coat squash pieces in the egg and then toss in the coconut mixture becoming confident all sides are covered lightly.
- Location in an air fryer and fry at 390 degrees for 12 minutes or till coconut is browned and squash is tender.
- When squash is cooking, combine the mayonnaise and chili sauce and set aside.
- Serve squash hot with the spicy mayonnaise or a sweet chili sauce.
Oven option: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Location coated squash on a baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.