Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake
Meal prep is 1 of the finest points EVER! Take this healthier dinner recipe for instance, you can prep it the evening just before. Stick it in the fridge (or even the freezer) and when you come dwelling from perform, voila in significantly less than 30 minutes you have a scrumptious infant friendly dinner prepared! Just like that.
I really like a fantastic creamy pasta sauce but I do attempt to make them healthier, so in replacement of cream I have made use of milk and Greek yogurt and you would Under no circumstances notice. In truth, just the opposite. This pasta bake is creamy, wealthy and but super healthier and packed complete of veggies as well and it is a excellent way to get the tiny ones consuming aubergine! For some explanation a vegetable that has generally been a challenge for my children.
Slice the aubergine thinly, then spot onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle more than a tiny rapeseed oil and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. After its cooked you can finely chop it up and stir into the sauce, or if your children are (lastly) made use of to it, you can add as slices on best of the mixture as shown under.
This recipe makes use of a mixture of milk, yogurt and goat cheese to produce a scrumptious creamy sauce and is topped with a tiny added Mozzarella which is entirely optional. I use the new Fresh Italian cheese from Dunnes and it is so scrumptious. As opposed to the grated Mozzarella cheeses it is not stringy and so is simple for tiny hands to handle as well. I also made use of just a teeny quantity of parmasan cheese, actually 1 tablespoon but for smaller sized babies just leave this out as it is higher in salt.
If you are searching for extra infant friendlyhealthy dinner and pasta recipes right here are some of my favourites: Broccoli and Seafood Pasta, Super Rapid Pesto Pasta, Super Veggie Loaded Pasta, Butternut Squash Vegan Pasta.
This healthier dinner recipe is sponsored by Dunnes Retailers and you can come across all of the astounding components instore! If you make this recipe please do tag me on Instagram #babyledfeeding! I generally really like seeing your creations.
What goes in…
- 300g pasta
- two Aubergine
- Splash rapeseed oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- two cloves garlic crushed
- three chicken breasts diced
- 1/two head broccoli chopped
- two cups complete milk
- 1/four cup Greek yogurt
- 1/four cup fresh cream
- 1/four cup grated goat cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- two tablespoons grated Parmesan
How to make it…
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Cook the pasta according the pack directions. When cooked, drain and leave aside.
- Slice the aubergine and spot onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle more than a light quantity of rapeseed oil, then roast in the oven for 15 minutes till soft.
- Heat a tiny rapeseed oil in a massive pot and gently fry the onion and garlic, add the chicken breasts and cook till they turn white in colour and are cooked by way of. Then add the broccoli and cook for a additional five minutes.
- Pour in the milk, yogurt, cream and goat cheese then stir properly to make a thick creamy sauce, then add the pasta and stir properly.
- Add the mixture to a baking tray, best with the roasted aubergine and dot the tomatoes about. Lastly sprinkle more than the Parmesan cheese and bake for 25 minutes till golden.
- Serve warm.