Properly as it turns out, chicken pot pie with biscuits is significantly much easier than performing a pie! I’ve however to come up with a healthier from-scratch straightforward drop biscuit recipe, but its on my list! This is one particular of the couple of instances I’d use refrigerated biscuit dough, but it worked pretty effectively and it was accomplished in a pinch!
If you have a huge cast iron pan, it operates wonderful in this recipe as it will go from stove to oven. If you do not, alternatively you can place the stew from the skillet into a baking dish to place in the oven.
For very simple components the flavor came out seriously fantastic. I like a fantastic chicken pot pie. I produced the filling dairy-absolutely free, but the shop purchased biscuits are not, so I’m going to attempt a drop biscuit that I can make with non-dairy butter and milk as its an straightforward adequate swap out!
The filling was speedy to place with each other and seriously scrumptious. You could generally add to a pie crust if you favor chicken pot pie rather. Largely, I’m hunting forward to playing about with this recipe a bit additional, but its a scrumptious weeknight meal as is!
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
Author: Kristine Fretwell
Recipe form: Major
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- two Tbsp butter or margarine
- two Tbsp flour (gluten-absolutely free or all-objective)
- two garlic cloves, chopped
- two cups pre-cooked chicken, chopped
- 1½ cups milk (I employed unsweetened cashew milk)
- ½ cup no-salt chicken broth
- 1 can of refrigerated dough biscuits – 10 biscuits
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a huge oven-proof skillet more than medium higher heat. Spray with oil.
- Add in the onions and carrots and saute till they start to soften.
- Add in the peas, and corn. Stir till combined.
- Add in the butter, sprinkle in the flour. Stir for a minute till its all coated.
- Now add in the chopped garlic, milk and chicken broth. Stir till combined effectively and sauce is smooth.
- Add in the cooked chicken and stir.
- After the sauce has thickened a tiny, get rid of from heat.
- Spot the dough biscuits on prime spacing them out.
- Bake in oven for eight-10 minutes till the biscuits are golden.
Serving size: ⅛ of recipe Calories: 323 Fat: five.five g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbs: 49 g Sugar: six.9 mg Sodium: 523 mg Fiber: two.two g Protein: 18 g Cholesterol: 26 mg
I am Kristine Fretwell, busy mom of two tiny girls, author, blogger, and former pro fitness competitor. I like just about any sort of cookie, something coconut or pumpkin flavored, and Thai meals. A fantastic day for me is enjoying my family members, obtaining to the health club, and whipping up a new healthier recipe. I’ve got a collection of more than 300 healthier recipes, and other tidbits like fitness and overall health suggestions. My recipes have been featured on internet sites such as Huffington Post, Savvy Mom, Shape and Skinny Scoop.