Carrot, Kale & Cheese Muffins
May 14, 2019
: 10 min
: 15 min
: 25 min
These muffins are great for *6 month old bubs, toddlers and mum and dad! Makes a perfect non-messy breakfast, lunch or snack. Full of yummy goodness without any nasty ingredients.
- 225g Self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 45g butter + extra for greasing
- 150g grated cheddar cheese (or other cheese alternatives)
- 1 carrot (prep: grated)
- 1 handful of finely chopped Kale
- 60ml milk
- 1/2 tsp of mixed herbs
- Step 1 Preheat oven 200 degrees celcius, grease muffins tin
- Step 2 In a bowl add flour, baking powder and then rub room temperature butter in, until breadcrumb texture.
- Step 3 Add cheese, carrot, kale and mixed herbs, then mix. Add milk and mix until a sticky dough has formed.
- Step 4 On a floured surface knead dough and form 12 small dough balls. Then place each ball into the muffin holes.
- Step 5 Please in oven for 15 minutes until golden brown. Storage: airtight container for up to 5 days OR freeze up to 3 months.