Blueberry Poke Cake with Cream Cheese Whipped Icing (Gluten-Free)
Blueberry Poke Cake with Cheesecake Frosting (Gluten-Free, Nut Free)—
Sweetened blueberry sauce and gluten free vanilla cake topped with a cream cheese whipped icing…………… Oh, me!
Let’s make some gluten-free blueberry poke cake!!
- 2 boxes gluten-free vanilla cake mix
- Ingredients on the box (butter, milk, eggs, oil)
- 2 lbs. fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp. corn starch
- 2 cups water
- 3 8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 lb. 10 x powdered sugar
- In a medium sauce pan, add the blue berries, water, and sugar. Cook on medium heat. Stirring frequently. Cook for about 15 minutes until mixture begins a slow bubble.
- Bring berries to a low boil. Add corn starch to thicken. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake to instructions on the box. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While the cake is still warm, take a knife or the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes in the cake.
- Pour the blueberry sauce over the cake. Refrigerate while making the icing.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese on low. Add the whipping cream. Mix well. Add the powdered sugar. Whip on high speed for several minutes until stiff peaks form. Spread icing over the cooled cake. Refrigerate.
We have gluten free blueberry poke cake!