Salt dough ornaments make particular homemade gifts or just stunning window or tree decorations, but the most effective element is that they are entertaining and quick and your youngsters will get pleasure from generating them. The probabilities are you will have all of the components in the cupboard.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook: three hours
- 1 cupful of plain flour (about 250ml)
- half a cupful of table salt (about 125ml)
- half a cupful of water (about 125ml)
- Preheat the oven to its lowest setting and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the flour and salt in a massive bowl. Add the water and stir till it comes collectively into a clean ball.
- Transfer the dough to a floured perform surface roll it out and reduce out shapes making use of biscuit cutters. You can emboss the dough with stamps, handprints, leaves or use an embossed rolling pin to add texture. If you program to hang them up afterwards, make positive to make a hole at the prime for the string.
- Place your completed products on the lined baking sheet and pop in the oven for three hours or till strong.
- Leave to cool. They are then prepared to decorate as a great deal or as small as you like! Why not add colourful cord or beads, or what ever pleases the heart.