Post sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. See beneath for extra facts.
As we prepare for Mack to head to college, I’ve been operating on my tiny-finger lunch game. He’s a strong eater but I do like obtaining entertaining alternatives. Plus, these vegetable crepes are not just for little ones. I enjoy to pack these cream cheese roll-ups for auto trips and hiking trips.
Why Crepes for Cream Cheese Roll-ups?
I enjoy a superior lunch sandwich but occasionally we do not have bread or I like some thing a tiny lighter. These crepes are quick to make after you get the hang of the pan swirl and ideal of all, you can make huge batches to freeze.
Bob’s Red Mill Wheat Flour
One particular of the other factors I enjoy crepes: they are super quick to make with option flours. Complete wheat is my go-to which is why I was excited to make these crepes with Bob’s Red Mill Complete Wheat flour. Of course, you could often switch it up and use all-objective or even oats (like in these other savory crepes I’ve created!)
Whilst there are some brands of vegan cream cheese, which you could effortlessly use, I choose to mix it up a bit. My preferred way to make these vegan is use a superior hummus. The hummus operates effectively with the herbs. Other alternatives include things like roasted garlic, roasted red pepper, and/or sun dried tomatoes.
Lastly, when it comes to the vegetables, use what ever you have on hand. These wraps are forgiving and truly operate with something. Beyond the fresh vegetables, roasted vegetables or grilled vegetables operate as effectively. I obtain these entire wheat crepes can truly go any path you may well want to take them.
½ cup entire wheat flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
two huge eggs
½ cup + two tablespoons entire milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
four ounces cream cheese, space temperature
two tablespoons fresh minced dill
two tablespoons fresh minced flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
three to four tablespoons milk
1 ½ cups shredded carrots
1 ½ cups shredded cucumbers
1 avocado, chopped
1 cup minced bell pepper
1/two cup minced red onions
two cups chopped spinach
- Whisk collectively flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter till smooth. Alternatively, combine almost everything in a blender and puree till effectively combined.
- Heat 8″ skillet more than medium-low heat and lightly grease with butter. Location a scant ¼ cup of batter in pan. Tilt/swirl the pan so that the batter covers the complete bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook for about 30 to 60 seconds, till the edges start to peel away from the sides of the pan and appear golden. Flip and cook for a different 20 to 30 seconds. Adjust heat larger/reduce based on how rapidly the crepe is cooking. Layer performed crepes, slightly overlapping, on a plate or wax paper.
- To make the cream cheese, whip collectively the space-temp cream cheese with the herbs, salt, and pepper. Add a splash or two of milk as required to thin adequate that the cream cheese is effortlessly spreadable.
- Subsequent, prep the vegetables as required. As soon as the crepes are performed, spread a thin layer of cream cheese more than the crepe and major with a sprinkle of the vegetables and spinach. Roll and slice as preferred: into bite-sized pieces for kid friendly or in half for a good adult version.
I like to cook-up all the crepes but freeze about half for later use (or the opposite route, double the crepe recipe and freeze as effectively). You can use these crepes for so considerably extra!
Keyword phrases: cream cheese roll-ups
Disclosure: This recipe was designed in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. All thoughts and opinions are my personal. It is content material like this that assists me hold this web site operating to deliver the vegetarian recipes you see each week.