This Simple Blueberry Lemon Icebox Cake is the proper solution to quiet down on a sizzling summers day! And even higher no cooking required and make a simple dish to make with the children!
It’s lastly feeling like summer season right here and cook dinner outs have lastly begun! I at all times provide to deliver a dessert, as a result of I usually have substances readily available to whip up one thing and I additionally love dessert 😉 However in the summertime the very last thing I wish to do is activate the range or spend hours baking and getting ready meals. So I’m at all times searching for straightforward, no cook dinner desserts to make in the summertime months. This time it’s an Icebox Cake! Ever heard of it? If not, it’s mainly layers of graham cracker and whip cream with no matter filling your coronary heart wishes. Then throw it within the freezer (aka icebox) and let it freeze!
For this Icebox Cake I used to be feeling impressed by my favourite summer season produce, blueberries. And what else goes higher with blueberries than lemon?! Am-I proper?! So so as to add one other layer of taste to this Icebox Cake I added in some jarred lemon curd and it elevated it to a different stage.
It was the primary time I had ever tried an icebox cake and I used to be so impressed with how straightforward and scrumptious it turned out. And it made for a enjoyable toddler exercise whereas the baby was napping! This Icebox Cake mainly solely required two issues making whip cream and layering all of the substances right into a pan. The remainder is already carried out for you!
What’s your favourite summer season dessert?!
Blueberry Lemon Icebox Cake
Writer: Lauren Sharifi, MPH RD LDN
Recipe sort: Dessert
- 9 graham crackers
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint contemporary blueberries
- ½ (10oz) jar of lemon curd
- Line a 9×5 bread pan with saran wrap.
- In a big bowl or kitchen assist mixer add whipping cream, vanilla extract and powered sugar. Whisk with hand mixer or whisk kitchen assist attachment for about Three minutes or till stiff peaks type.
- Add layer of whip cream to the underside of the lined bread pan. Unfold a skinny layer of lemon curd on backside of graham cracker and lay backside down on high of whip cream in bread pan. (Break up graham crackers to fill backside of pan.) Layer with `3/four to 1 cup of whip cream, then ⅓ of blueberries. Repeat two extra instances spreading a skinny layer of lemon curd to backside of every graham cracker, then laying graham cracker backside down on high of blueberries, then ¾-1 cup whip cream, ⅓ of blueberries.
- Cowl with saran wrap and place in freezer for a minimum of four hours. Take away 15 min earlier than serving.