So final weekend I made a decision to make some chocolate peanut butter pop tarts. I do know I simply made raspberry pop tarts final week, however a buddy requested me if I may make some involving chocolate too, so I could not resist making them once more. The opposite ones had been so good in spite of everything and I did love chocolate Pop-Tarts nearly as a lot because the strawberry and raspberry ones. Plus I’ve been in additional of a pie making temper than a cake one these days, so it was excellent! Since they’re mainly hand pies.
The pop tarts I ate rising up had a reasonably bland bizarre tasting crust even when I assumed it was good on the time. It actually did not style like pie crust in any respect. So once I make my hand-crafted pop tarts I need the crust to be scrumptious and really style like good pie crust. I made a complete wheat pastry flour based mostly crust with coconut oil for the fats and it was excellent! You may after all use all goal gluten free baking flour when you wished to make these gluten free.
For the filling I wished it to have gooey peanut butter and chocolate, so I blended my hand-crafted peanut butter with a wealthy darkish chocolate ganache for the filling. I used to be tremendous enthusiastic about these as a result of I like all issues chocolate and peanut butter and I may virtually style the completed product as I smelled them baking. However joke, with the primary batch, they began melting within the oven. I used to be tremendous bummed, then I noticed that I had measured the coconut oil unsuitable. I needed to remake the entire thing!
The second batch turned out excellent nevertheless with the accurately measured coconut oil. Why am I telling you this? As a result of I need you to know that I generally make errors too and stuff doesn’t at all times come out excellent the primary time. I made a decision to glaze the pop tarts with much more darkish chocolate, as a result of why not?! They had been tremendous scrumptious. Wealthy darkish chocolate and peanut butter all smooth and gooey on the within and a flakey crust! So significantly better than the unique Pop Tarts I grew up consuming.
Vegan Peanut Butter and Darkish Chocolate Pop Tarts
- 2 half cups natural entire wheat pastry flour
- half tsp sea salt
- 3/four cup coconut oil in its strong state
- about 6-7 Tbsp chilly water (or as wanted)
- 3/four cup vegan darkish chocolate chips
- half cup full fats coconut milk
- half cup peanut butter
- half cup darkish chocolate chips
- To make the crust, in a big bowl, combine collectively flour, sugar, sea salt, and spices. Reduce in coconut oil with a pastry blender or 2 knives till it’s in pea sized items. Combine in simply sufficient water to create a clean dough that holds collectively however is not too sticky. Add extra water if wanted, and knead barely till a clean dough is created.
- Roll out into a big rectangle and minimize into 16 equivalent rectangles. Chill if too smooth earlier than assembling. You need the dough a bit pliable, however not so heat that it’s going to break. Preheat oven to 375F levels. Set the dough apart within the fridge when you make the filling.
- Soften the chocolate within the prime of a double boiler with the coconut milk and peanut butter till clean. Take away from the warmth and let cool barely.
- To assemble the pop tarts, unfold about 2 Tbsp of the peanut butter chocolate ganache half of the dough rectangles (leaving a boarder so you’ll be able to connect the dough on the sides). Cowl with the remaining items of dough (I used a small spatula to rigorously transfer them), urgent the sides and crimping with a fork or the sting of one thing with a flat edge, like a spatula. Bake for about 30 minutes till the crusts are beginning to brown calmly. Take away from oven and let cool on a wire rack till heat.
- Soften the darkish chocolate for the glaze within the prime of a double boiler. Spoon a few of the darkish chocolate over every pop tart, and clean it out to cowl the highest. Let harden earlier than serving.