Mix three kinds of produce in a batch of Banana Zucchini Muffins with Blueberries. It’s the perfect of all of the baked items in a single handy (and nutritious) bundle! P.S. They retailer nicely for days!
Banana Zucchini Muffins with Blueberries
When my center kiddo was one, she struggled with bread—which implies she had a tough time chewing sliced bread in addition to muffins and pancakes. I labored onerous to make her nutritious, moist choices to assist her apply and these muffins have been one in every of our favorites.
These additionally occur to be excellent to make in the summertime when you might have zucchini and blueberries on the prepared—and any bananas in the home may flip brown quick because of the warmth!
Wholesome Zucchini Muffins
These muffins have a base of entire wheat flour and get their moisture and taste from three kinds of produce. Mix that with low added sugar and protein from eggs and milk and you’ve got a wholesome muffin for teenagers that’s nice any time of the day. (See beneath to regulate these for meals allergy symptoms.)
Components in Banana Zucchini Muffins
To make these muffins you’ll want:
- very ripe banana
- milk (dairy or nondairy)
- vanilla extract
- entire wheat flour
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- recent or frozen blueberries
Make Banana Zucchini Muffins with Blueberries Step by Step
Right here’s a have a look at the method of creating these muffins for teenagers.
- Collect your components. (photograph 1)
- Grate the zucchini into a large backside plate or bowl. (photograph 2)
- Use your fingers to squeeze as a lot liquid out of it as you possibly can. Measure out the zucchini wanted, packing it tightly into the measuring cup. (photograph 3)
- Mash the banana nicely and measure out the quantity wanted. (See the recipe on the backside of the put up for full data!) (photograph 4)
- Add the moist components to a medium bowl. (photograph 5)
- Stir collectively. (photograph 6)
- Stir within the dry components. (photograph 7)
- Fold within the blueberries. (photograph 8)
- Portion right into a muffin tin. (photograph 9)
- Bake! (photograph 10)
Can I make these Banana Zucchini Muffins gluten-free?
Certain, simply use cup for cup gluten-free flour as an alternative of the entire wheat flour.
Can I make these wholesome muffins dairy-free?
Sure. Use plain unsweetened nondairy milk as an alternative of dairy milk and melted, barely cooled coconut milk (or canola oil) as an alternative of butter.
Can I make them egg-free?
Yup! Simply omit the eggs and add a further 1/Four cup milk.
Banana Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
If your loved ones prefers chocolate you possibly can substitute half cup chocolate chips for the blueberries!
Can I miss the sugar?
If you happen to’re making these for a child who’s consuming finger meals or simply wish to scale back added sugars, you possibly can skip the brown sugar. Be sure you use very brown bananas although since they would be the most important supply of sweetness. With the sugar, every muffin has about Three grams of added sugar, which is a low quantity for a wholesome snack.
Can I exploit frozen blueberries on this recipe?
You need to use recent blueberries or frozen ones, relying on what you might have entry to and the time of the yr. Both approach, stir them into the batter gently to keep away from breaking them up.
Ideas for Making the Finest Banana Zucchini Muffins with Blueberries
- To make these gluten-free, use cup for cup gluten-free flour mix.
- To make these dairy-free, use nondairy milk and melted coconut oil as an alternative of butter.
- Use very ripe bananas with brown spots for the perfect taste.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini nicely along with your fingers to launch as a lot liquid as you possibly can.
- Use recent or frozen blueberries. Fold them in gently to the batter.
- These muffins aren’t very candy. If you happen to choose sweeter baked items, think about using 1/Three cup brown sugar or topping with a drizzle of honey.
I’d love to listen to your suggestions in case you do this recipe, so please remark beneath with suggestions!
These muffins make for a scrumptious breakfast, snack, or lunchtime element. This recipe was up to date June 2019 to enhance the feel and streamline the components.
- 1 cup mashed banana (from 2 very ripe bananas)
- 1 cup grated zucchini, packed and squeezed dry (about 1 medium zucchini)
- half cup milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/Four cup butter, melted and cooled barely
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 half cup entire wheat flour
- 1/Four cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup recent or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels F and grease a typical muffin tin nicely with nonstick spray.
- Add the mashed banana, grated zucchini, milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract to a medium bowl. Stir gently with a spatula.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir gently to mix.
- Stir within the blueberries gently.
- Divide the batter among the many ready muffin tin. You’ll use a few heaping 1/Four cup in every muffin cup.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or till a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out cleanly. Let cool within the pan for a couple of minutes, then switch to a wire rack to chill fully, operating a knife across the edges to loosen if wanted.
- Serve at room temperature, warmed barely, or chilled.
Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as Three days or within the freezer in a zipper prime freezer bag for as much as Three months.
To make these gluten-free, use cup for cup gluten-free flour mix.
To make these dairy-free, use nondairy milk and melted coconut oil as an alternative of butter.
To make these egg-free, omit the eggs and add 1/Four cup further milk.
Use very ripe bananas with brown spots for the perfect taste.
Squeeze the grated zucchini nicely along with your fingers to launch as a lot liquid as you possibly can.
Use recent or frozen blueberries. Fold them in gently to the batter.
These muffins aren’t very candy. If you happen to choose sweeter baked items, think about using 1/Three cup brown sugar or topping with a drizzle of honey.