Rate this post


It is a little bit of area of interest put up so I’ll crosspost this to r/FoodAllergies as nicely. TL;DR at backside

Background data: I’ve by no means had an edible earlier than this. I (F 22) reside in Colorado so you realize, most individuals my age have. I am not tremendous into like weed tradition or no matter however I’ve smoked earlier than (from a joint, from a bong, and from a vape pen) and have not had any antagonistic reactions, however they had been few and much between. I do not smoke recurrently. The boy I have been seeing thought it will be enjoyable to take edibles, so we deliberate to make dinner, get excessive, and go to an artwork gallery with a brand new exhibition with artwork individuals made whereas on medicine. We made shrimp pasta and about 20min earlier than consuming we every took a 10mg gummy (in all probability my first mistake). Later I regarded up some tips on edibles and it stated that first time customers ought to solely absorb between 0.5mg and 5mg, so.

Anyway, whereas we had been consuming I felt my throat closing up, however like not a lot that I could not breathe (however sufficient to make me lightheaded in about 30min time). I informed my boy and he mainly was like “don’t be concerned nobody has ever overdosed on marijuana.” Thanks boy, I do know that, and I additionally know somebody who’s allergic to marijuana.

I began feeling a little bit dizzy/light-headed and I feel I related the dizziness with nausea as I went to the lavatory simply in case, however I by no means threw up and even had dry heaves. Nonetheless, all of the blood drained from my face (I’ve very naturally flushed cheeks and lips and I swear I used to be actually pale as a sheet). I feel at this level I had severely low blood strain, as I acquired extraordinarily dizzy even sitting up (neglect standing). I additionally felt extraordinarily chilled. I began having excessive tremors and shaking throughout my physique. My physique was consistently spasming over and again and again and it took excessive focus/effort to cease it even for a small period of time. My boy ultimately helped me transfer to the mattress the place I stayed, spasming, for a pair hours earlier than passing out for 12 hours. The following morning I awoke usually feeling like shit and had a horrible headache. I took a bathe after which went again to mattress till like 3pm.

Whereas I used to be having my response, I used to be intermittently wanting up signs for panic/anxiousness assault signs (bc I do know marijuana may cause these) and different dangerous reactions to marijuana, however it was very arduous for me to pay attention. Later I regarded up signs for anaphylactic shock. Most individuals who acknowledged having an allergy to marijuana acknowledged stuff like hives, rash, runny nostril, sneezing, and so forth, which clearly didn’t apply to my scenario. Most panic assault / anxiousness assault descriptions talked about emotional signs I didn’t expertise. Emotionally, I felt positive the entire time. I wasn’t actually fearful or panicking, I used to be extra irritated on the fixed shaking. Most symptom descriptions for anaphylactic shock additionally included pores and skin reactions and different issues that I didn’t expertise like vomit, diarrhea, and belly ache. AND nowhere did I discover descriptors for the fixed shaking and tremors I used to be experiencing.

Given the circumstances, I feel it is cheap to conclude that both I used to be having a nasty response to marijuana, an allergic response to marijuana, OR an allergic response to the shrimp, nonetheless I’ve no historical past of a shellfish allergy. However as a blended race grownup girl I’m extra susceptible than common (learn grownup white male) to creating allergic reactions later in life, so it is not unreasonable to assume it was an allergic response.

TL;DR By no means had edibles earlier than and never an everyday consumer, took a 10mg edible and had shrimp pasta, throat closed up, acquired extraordinarily dizzy, blood drained from face, acquired chills, acquired tremors and uncontrollable shaking, then handed out for 12hrs and awoke feeling shitty. Unhealthy response to edible or allergic response? Cannot inform