I don’t learn about you, however I like an egg and cheese sandwich within the morning. Nevertheless, the time to cook dinner the egg and clear the pan usually stop me from having it. I’ve an answer for you!
Enter the “make forward” breakfast sandwich!
There are just a few choices for making the eggs/cheese. I’ve been making them on a muffin prime pan. I notice this was invented within the Seinfeld days, in order that they in all probability don’t exist anymore! You may make them in a daily muffin tin, though they received’t be as vast. The opposite choice I’ve examine is to place eggs on a baking sheet and bake them that means, you simply want to chop them aside.
Discover directions for eggs in a muffin tin right here:
Fried eggs on a baking sheet – notice the choice for utilizing mason lid rings!
Or bake a “scrambled” egg directions right here, which is what I plan to do subsequent time!
As soon as your egg is cooked, put a slice of cheese on it on the english muffin. Should you’re consuming it proper then, you possibly can add tomato or avocado to get some veggies into your morning. Should you’re saving them for later, merely put in a container for the fridge, or wrap individually to put within the freezer. They’re really easy to tug out and reheat!
I had one this morning and it went from the freezer, I unwrapped it, heated it for 45 seconds and ate it. Delish!!
Make Forward Breakfast Sandwiches
Writer: Julie Lanford, MPH, RD, CSO, LDN
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices cheese
- 6 entire grain english muffins
- Warmth muffin tin within the oven whereas it preheats.
- As soon as sizzling, pull tin out of oven, oil it and crack eggs into the tin.
- Bake eggs in muffin tin at 400 levels for 10-15 minutes
- Toast english muffin frivolously
- Place cooked egg with one slice of cheese onto every muffin
- Egg sandwiches may be saved within the fridge or freezer (wrap individually with aluminum foil)
- Reheat within the microwave for 25 seconds from the fridge, 45 seconds from the freezer.