These selfmade, all-natural Oats and Honey Granola Bars are baked till barely crunchy, making them excellent for breakfast on-the-go or as a healthful, transportable snack.
I’m so excited to share this recipe with y’all as we speak! Awhile again, I posted my beloved No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars, which my household adores and which went on to grow to be a reader favourite. In any case, they’re straightforward to make, customizable, and downright scrumptious. The one draw back to that recipe, nonetheless, is that they get fairly tender in the event that they’re not saved chilled. This makes them nice for consuming straight out of the fridge however not-so-great for throwing in your purse or diaper bag as a handy snack.
The Oats & Honey Granola Bars that I’m sharing as we speak, although, don’t have to be refrigerated. Extra alongside the strains of crunchy Nature’s Valley-type granola bars, these baked treats not solely journey superbly, however they’re loaded with oats and pure honey goodness!
These snacks should not tender and chewy, however they’re not rock-hard crunchy both. Somewhat, I might contemplate them to be agency and reasonably crunchy. Don’t mistake that for crumbly, although…I’ve truly been extraordinarily happy with how effectively they maintain collectively, even within the backpacks of my rough-and-tumble youngsters. They take them to high school for snacks and request them for breakfast on busy mornings. I could take pleasure in one right here or there as effectively… 😉
Granola Bar Elements
So what goes into these healthful, selfmade granola bars that really journey effectively and maintain collectively at room temperature?
- Rolled oats. The star ingredient.
- Crispy rice cereal. It doesn’t take a lot, however this ingredient prevents the bars from changing into too packed down…AKA, rock-hard.
- Oat flour. Through the use of oat flour, this recipe may be made GLUTEN-FREE (assuming that the oats you employ all through the recipe are all gluten-free). That being mentioned, it’s possible you’ll decide to make use of complete wheat pastry flour instead of oat flour.
- Brown sugar. However only a tad!
- Baking soda. For the slightest rise.
- Salt. To steadiness the candy.
- Honey. This helps maintain the bars collectively and acts as the first sweetener within the recipe.
- Coconut oil. You might substitute one other impartial flavored vegetable oil (equivalent to sunflower oil) if you want.
- Pure vanilla extract. As a result of…taste.
Easy methods to Make Granola Bars…a Tip!
Along with an optimum combo of elements, I believe the important thing to this recipe is packing down the oat combination within the pan after you’ve totally integrated the entire elements. And I imply you really want to pack it down.
Somewhat than utilizing a Pyrex 9- by 13-inch baking dish (which might work simply wonderful, thoughts you), I made a decision to make these granola bars in my steel baking pan with completely sq. corners. Consequently, I searched my cupboards and located a mini bread pan that additionally boasts completely sq. corners. I then used it to press down the granola bar combination as firmly as doable.
I did this earlier than baking and once more instantly after baking and, in consequence, I ended up with agency, crunchy-ish, non-crumbly granola bars. Success!
So when you love granola bars however don’t take care of the bogus components in store-bought ones…or when you splurge on all-natural/natural granola bars however might do with out the excessive price ticket…or when you’re searching for a healthful, selfmade, transportable breakfast or snack…these Oats & Honey Granola Bars are for you! I’m comfortable to have a crunchy model to alternate with my aforementioned favourite chewy recipe, and I hope that you’ve got an opportunity to strive them (and love them!) each. 🙂
Oats & Honey Granola Bars Video
Oats & Honey Granola Bars Recipe
Oats & Honey Granola Bars
These selfmade, all-natural Oats and Honey Granola Bars are baked till barely crunchy, making them excellent for breakfast-on-the-go or as a healthful, transportable snack.
Print Pin Charge
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 20 minutes
Cooling Time:: 20 minutes
Complete Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 12 granola bars
- Three 1/4 cups old style rolled oats
- 3/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2/3 cups oat flour (see Ideas & Tips under) OR complete wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, stir collectively oats, crispy rice cereal, oat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Measure honey, melted coconut oil, and vanilla right into a measuring cup, then drizzle over oat combination and stir till all elements are utterly mixed.
Switch oat combination into ready pan and press down very firmly into a fair layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or till mild golden brown on high. Take away from oven and use the flat backside of a small pan or dish to press down granola bars once more. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, after which use parchment paper sling to rigorously elevate granola bars out onto a slicing board (you may go away them sitting on high of the parchment paper). Cool for five extra minutes after which lower into 12 bars. Take away to a cooling rack to complete cooling utterly. Retailer in an hermetic container.
- To make oat flour, use a blender or mini meals processor to grind 3/Four to 1 cup oats right into a wonderful powder. Measure out 2/Three cup of oat flour for the granola bar recipe after grinding. If in case you have leftover oat flour after measuring, you may at all times reserve it for a Blueberry Muffin Wholesome Oat Smoothie. 🙂
- To save lots of a grimy dish, I soften the coconut oil in a measuring cup within the microwave after which measure the honey and vanilla on high. The coconut oil helps the honey slide out of the measuring cup.
- Baking these barely longer will make them barely crunchier, however watch out to not burn them! My granola bars have been excellent at 22 minutes.
Energy: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1.3mg
Tailored from Chocolate Lined Katie
Publish initially printed on January 22, 2015