With complete grains, wholesome fat, and pure sweetness from veggies, these Wholesome Candy Potato Cookies are a favourite dessert in our home. Plus: They are often made forward and topped with a brilliant easy Greek yogurt frosting to make them extra-special!
Candy Potato Cookies
These candy potato cookies are additionally a pleasant strategy to serve up a dose of veggies (or to make use of up leftover roasted candy potato must you occur to have any) and complete grains. They’re naturally candy, although they hardly comprise any added sugars in any respect!
Wholesome Cookies for Youngsters
The feel of those cookies is an ideal mixture of crisp across the edges when they’re freshly baked and tender within the center. This makes them a terrific texture for toddlers of all ages. (They soften additional throughout storage, however nonetheless style tremendous yummy.)
TIP: You’ll be able to retailer these cookies, as soon as cooled for Three days at room temperature, 5 days within the fridge, or as much as Three months within the freezer saved in a zipper prime freezer bag.
Elements in Candy Potato Cookies
To make this recipe you’ll want:
TIP: To make this recipe nut-free, use further oats as a substitute of the coconut and butter for the coconut oil.
How ought to I cook dinner candy potato to make use of on this recipe?
You’ll must make mashed candy potato forward of time, so you are able to do it within the crock pot or bake a candy potato within the oven for 45-60 minutes at 375 levels F. Poke holes in it to permit steam to flee and place it right into a greased pie plate. Let it cool and mash the candy potato to then measure it out for this recipe.
TIP: If you end up with leftover candy potato, even child meals, you should utilize it on this recipe.
Find out how to Make Candy Potato Cookies Step-by-Step
To make this recipe, right here’s what you’ll must do:
- Combine the substances collectively in a medium bowl.
- Portion out rounds onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press flat.
- Prime with non-obligatory Greek Yogurt Icing.
TIP: The icing is made by stirring collectively plain Greek yogurt, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Find out how to Pipe on Frosting Utilizing a Zip Prime Bag
You’ll be able to unfold the icing on the cookies with a knife, or place into a zipper prime plastic bag and minimize off one backside nook. Then squeeze on as when you have been utilizing a pastry bag! It’s tremendous simple and a enjoyable method for the youngsters to assist too.
Gluten-Free Candy Potato Cookies
To make these cookies gluten-free, merely purchase licensed gluten-free rolled oats. There’s no different gluten within the recipe, so it’s a straightforward substitution.
Dairy-Free Candy Potato Cookies
To make these cookies dairy-free, merely skip the non-obligatory icing or use a nondairy Greek yogurt rather than the common sort. (The cookies are naturally dairy-free.)
Wholesome Breakfast Cookies
These cookies truly make scrumptious little breakfast cookies you could make forward and pull out on a busy weekday. They’re so low in sugar and have a pleasant mixture of substances that you just don’t must waste a second feeling responsible about serving them up anytime of the day!
TIP: They pair rather well with espresso must you want some breakfast for your self!
Suggestions for Making the Greatest Candy Potato Cookies
- You should use rolled oats as a substitute of fast oats when you grind them briefly within the blender or meals processor.
- Gluten-free: Use licensed gluten-free rolled oats.
- Dairy-free: Skip the icing or use a favourite nondairy yogurt choice.
- Nut-free: Use melted butter as a substitute of the coconut oil and extra oats rather than the coconut.
- If the batter appears too keep on with work with whenever you go to position the rounds onto the baking sheet, place the batter into the fridge for 10 minutes to agency up a bit of.
- You’ll be able to retailer these cookies, as soon as cooled for Three days at room temperature, 5 days within the fridge, or as much as Three months within the freezer saved in a zipper prime freezer bag.
I’d love to listen to your suggestions on this recipe, so please remark beneath to share!
These wholesome cookies are good for a particular snack or dessert to share. (This recipe was up to date in August 2019 to streamline the method.)
- 1 cup fast oats
- 1/Four cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon floor flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed roasted candy potato
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or peanut, almond, or sunflower seed butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Greek Yogurt Icing, non-obligatory
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
- Place the oats, coconut, flaxseed, baking powder, and cinnamon right into a medium bowl. Stir to mix.
- Stir within the egg, candy potato, coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Drop 1-tablespoon-size parts onto the ready baking sheet and flatten right into a circle about 1/4-inch thick. (Use moist palms to maneuver the batter out of the measuring spoon if it’s sticky.)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or till agency and calmly golden brown across the edges. Let cool and serve, topped with non-obligatory frosting.
You’ll be able to retailer these cookies, as soon as cooled for Three days at room temperature, 5 days within the fridge, or as much as Three months within the freezer saved in a zipper prime freezer bag.
You’ll be able to heat barely earlier than serving if desired or sandwich them with nut butter if serving as a breakfast cookie.
Greek Yogurt Icing: Combine collectively 1/Four cup plain complete milk Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup and 1/Four teaspoon vanilla extract. Place into a zipper prime bag, seal, and snip off one nook. Drizzle over cookies and serve instantly.
You should use rolled oats when you grind them briefly within the blender or meals processor.
Gluten-free: Use licensed gluten-free rolled oats.
Dairy-free: Skip the icing or use a favourite nondairy yogurt choice.
Nut-free: Use further oats rather than the shredded coconut and melted butter as a substitute of the coconut oil.
If the batter appears too keep on with work with whenever you go to position the rounds onto the baking sheet, place the batter into the fridge for 10 minutes to agency up a bit of.