It has been a busy week! I used to be busy with work, attempting to get organized for household photos, getting organized for the ladies’ party subsequent weekend, prepping for an upcoming podcast, and even snuck in a visit to Chicago to go see my greatest buddy’s child – a boy, born Three weeks early! Two surprises in there (she was considered one of THOSE that didn’t discover out gender).
Since organizing something isn’t my sturdy swimsuit, it’s exhausting to get all types of issues organized directly. I managed and I’ve made not one listing. I’m unsure what that claims for my chance for fulfillment, however we’ll see.
The upcoming week appears to be like to be sunny and within the 80’s. I’m not complaining, HOWEVER, I actually assume the Midwest ought to contemplate re-evaluating the timeline of summer time. The swimming pools ought to NOT shut Labor Day weekend! There are much more pool days within the weeks following Labor Day than there are within the weeks following Memorial Day. JUST SAYIN’. I actually assume it is a legitimate argument to make.
I’m additionally urgent pause on the chili contest as a result of I’ve just a few extra entries left and by some means it’s sinful sufficient to be indoors watching faculty soccer on a ravishing Saturday…including chili to the combination simply appears wrong-ish. Fall will probably be right here very quickly so for now, we’re having fun with the Indian summer time. I imply, the ladies have been within the lake twice this weekend. They could have been the one ones…BUT they reside to inform of it! And, the LOVED it!
With my journey to Chicago, I missed dinner prep on Thursday and in order that recipe is getting carried over from final week’s menu. This Tangy Candy-and-Bitter Meatball recipe got here from an excellent’ol Google search. Simply “simple weeknight meals youngsters will love”. BAM.
I used to be positive to double it as a result of I simply knew it was going to be a winner. Such easy elements and so huge on taste! I’m formally looking out for extra recipes the place I can uniquely make the most of absolutely cooked, frozen turkey meatballs. Subsequent time, I’ll in all probability add onion and chop and add on the similar level because the bell pepper, however in any other case, this recipe is perfection! Get pleasure from!
Tangy Candy-and-Bitter Meatballs
Writer: Nicole Morrissey
Cook dinner time:
Serves: 5 servings (6 meatballs every)
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks in 100% juice
- ⅓ cup water
- Three Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- Three Tbsp cornstarch
- 30 frozen absolutely cooked turkey meatballs
- 1 giant inexperienced pepper, lower into 1-inch items
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple apart. Add water to juice (if wanted) to measure 1 cup; pour into a big skillet. Add remaining ⅓ cup water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch; whisk till clean.
- Cook dinner over medium warmth till thick, stirring always. Add the meatballs and prepare dinner for 7-Eight minutes. Add the inexperienced pepper and stir; prepare dinner a further 12 minutes. Stir within the pineapple chunks and prepare dinner for 1-2 minutes or till pineapple is heated via.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles, if desired.
Serving dimension: ⅕ recipe (6 meatballs with pepper and pineapple) Energy: 274 Fats: 9.0 Carbohydrates: 36.4 Sugar: 25.6 Sodium: 706 Fiber: 2.4 Protein: 15.4 Ldl cholesterol: 40
Weekly Menu: September 15th – 19th