This beautiful recipe comes from one in every of our wonderful Balgowlah shoppers Pam. Pam experiences that it completely scrumptious! Pam has been having fun with consuming the soup as a great way to pack extra veggies in. Thanks for sharing Pam 🙂
450g pumpkin, peeled, chopped (oven roasted)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 brown onion, chopped (or 1 leek, sliced)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 giant carrot, grated
1 cup dried purple lentils, rinsed, drained
Three cups reduced-salt vegetable inventory
400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon floor ginger
Pepper to style
Four slices grainy sourdough bread
1 small avocado, sliced
1 tablespoon finely chopped contemporary flat-leaf parsley
1/Three cup low-fat pure yoghurt, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200oC / 180oC fan-forced. Place minimize pumpkin in a bowl and blend with a little bit olive oil. Line a big baking tray with baking paper and add pumpkin. Bake for 40 minutes or till pumpkin is golden and tender.
2. Warmth oil in a big saucepan over medium warmth. Add onion / leek and cook dinner for five minutes or till smooth. Add garlic, carrot, lentils, inventory, 2 cups water, tomatoes and pepper to style.
3. Deliver to the boil, scale back warmth and simmer, coated, for 15 minutes. Add heat cooked pumpkin and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
4. Take away from warmth and puree utilizing a stick blender.
5. In the meantime, toast bread and prime with sliced avocado. Sprinkle soup with parsley, dollop with yoghurt and serve with avocado toast.
Kilojoules: 1,842kJ Complete fats: 16g Dietary fibre: 12.8g
Energy: 440cal Saturated fats: 3.6g Sodium: 958mg
Protein: 23.2g Carbohydrates: 45.3g Calcium: 138mg
Sugars: 15.2g Iron: 5.1mg